Thursday, October 4, 2007

October & Halloween

I took the DD shopping for some Halloween stuff tonight. They had a Harry Potter Sorting Hat that talked. Sold out, of course. I looked at the usual stuff-- spiders, rats, fake webs. . . I decided to skip the fake spider stuff this year and just refrain from killing the monster frickin' spiders in my yard. I don't know who spread the spider Miracle Grow this year but OMFG! These suckers are anywhere from 1" to 3" and I am not exaggerating in my fear. One of the 2" freaks has taken up roost on the rain gutter off the front porch. I can't even sit on my porch swing because the thing is right in my line of vision and it moves when I do. BLEARGH! I'm too afraid of the blasted thing to get rid of it and it never seems to leave the web so I can knock it down and force it to move. With my luck, it would move over the dang doorway anyhow . . . It is almost time to pick up DS from his soccer game and go to work. Sigh. I hope I don't have to restrain anyone tonight. I swear I will never say the word "bored" on an easy night again. Last time I did that, we had two restraints (and one restraint bed) right at the change of shift. I didn't leave until an hour after my shift was supposed to end.

No comments: