Monday, September 10, 2007

My exciting life

I recently returned to work at a place I've worked before. I loved it there but I left for $$$. Now I'm back because it was really fun, I've missed it, and the bennies are good. I get to spend this week in orientation. Things have not changed since I left so I am struggling to stay awake. I also realize how old I'm getting. The doctors are starting to resemble "Doogie Howser" and the clinicians are closer to my son's age than mine. Plus, my gray hairs really shine under the florescent lighting! The "kids" in orientation today are talking about adjusting to life after school, parties over the weekend, and plans for the coming weekend. My weekend consisted of working, taking care of two kids coming down with the "back to school" bugs, and getting sick myself. Today I had to scramble home, spend SIX hours cleaning the house, and cooking. Tomorrow, I get to go to orientation and then go to the grocery store. Wow. Exciting.

I've decided to attempt knitting another pair of socks. I love the "Bellatrix" pattern and I'm on the third repeat of dropped stitches. The yarn is Lisa Souza's "Berry Poppins" and it has been languishing in my stash for ages. I can knit socks until I get to the foot and somehow I manage to futz them up without fail, then frogging the whole thing. One of these days I am going to buy a book that teaches me how to fix mistakes rather than start from scratch every time.

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Listen, you'll get there on the socks! This time last year I had never made a pair and now I'm a veteran of uncounted battles with the scars to prove it! There ain't no error that can't be fixed. You've got friends now, so all you need to do is ask when something doesn't look right. Post a picture, ask for advice, and you'll be overwhelmed with help!